Judaica Store Blog

Your source for discount all Judaica, Judaica Gifts and Judaica books.

Passover Seder With A New Charoset

Passover seder is my favorite part of my favorite holiday. Part of the reason why is my mother’s charoset. That haroset on the seder plate was always gone by the end of Passover seder, and it’s not like she made just a little bit. People from up and down the block knew about Mom’s charoset, and while she was proud, she was never snooty.

In fact, since Mom was never very protective about her recipes, she gave all of her friends her charoset recipe, and while I tried a few of them, they were never quite like Mom’s. But now it’s your turn. Here’s the exact recipe ingredients, directly from my mother herself:

  • 6 cups peeled, cored and grated Granny Smith apples
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup kosher for Passover sweet red wine
Your probably thinking that this looks pretty standard. And it does, except for the maple syrup. Yes the maple syrup is key, because it’s a bit sweeter than honey and gives the haroset a nice little kick.

So for this Passover seder, put on your seder plate my mother’s charoset and I guarantee you that you won’t be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment